City of Centerville Notices
Updated Thursday, May 16, 2013
• A free 'mini' web page is available to any Centerville civic organization to help promote their agenda. For more information, send an e-mail to Bill Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alumni Wanted: We are looking to obtain address updates for all Centerville Alumni. Contact Susan Overgaard at 605.552.2207 or by e-mail at email@example.com
• Autopay Option For Water Bill: The city is pleased to offer you an Autopay option to pay your water/sewer bill. The process is simple and secure. Payment for your water/sewer bill can be transferred from any checking or savings account from ANY bank. If you are interested in signing up for Autopay or would like more information please contact Katie at City Hall. 563-2302
• Click here to download the Categorical Exclusion Determination Document for the Sewer lining project (PDF)
• Janette Ellis, Centerville's Finance Officer is planning to prepare a community garden on the west side of the city park, north of the Good Samaritan Center. Those who may be interested in joining the Garden Committee are encouraged to call City Hall at 605-563-2302 during normal business hours. A grant application is pending to help with the start up costs and additional grant applications will be submitted.
• Spring Branch Pickup May 20 - 31
The city compost site at the west end of Garfield Street is now open for the dumping of branches, grass clippings and yard waste. Absolutely no garbage is to be left there. Compostable items only! Call city hall for appointments on weekdays, 563-2302. Weekend hours are Saturday 10 am to 2 pm.
Seniors citizens and those unable to haul yard waste themselves may leave bags on the curb for city workers to pick up during the week of May 20 - 31st.
• 2013 Sanitary Sewer Lining Project Bids
Sealed bids for the 2013 Sanitary Sewer Lining Project will be received at the City of Centerville City Hall, 741 Main Street, Centerville, SD 57014 up until 2:00 PM, May 24, 2013, when at such time the bids will be publicly opened, read, and tabulated. The Bids will be presented to the City Council at the next succeeding regular Council Meeting, all in accordance with Council policy. All bids shall be submitted in accordance with forms and specifications attached to and made a part of the proposed contract documents. Contract documents and Specifications have been placed on file at the City of Centerville City Hall and may be examined and obtained at the office of Sayre Associates, 216 S. Duluth Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57104. All bids and contracts shall be made in accordance with and subject to the provisions set forth in the specifications. City of Centerville reserves the right to reject any and all bids or parts thereof, and to waive any irregularities.
City of Centerville, Turner County, South Dakota
By: Janette Ellis, Finance Officer
Centerville Library News
The Summer Reading Calendar is now available. Click on the image to view full size.
The Dig into Reading Summer Reading Program will run from June 3rd - June 28th at the Centerville Community Library. Watch for more info!
Centerville Town Homes For Rent
There are 2-bedroom, 1¾-bath town homes available for rent in the River Pointe Townhomes in Centerville, SD. Each unit is 1,180 sq ft plus an attached 300 sq ft garage, handicap accessible, single level with no steps. Senior friendly, but not senior exclusive! For more info and a rental application, please call Mary Clayton at 605.552.2149.
Updated Saturday, May 18, 2013
Updated Centerville Summer Recreation Schedules - May 18
Click on the links below to download the schedules in Excel (.xls) format.
Centerville Summer Recreation Schedule May 2013
Centerville Summer Recreation Schedule June 2013
Homecoming Parade - Sept 21
Downtown Sidewalk Repairs - August 14
Local Author Completes Latest Ebook - August 4